During times of crisis, such as the pandemic and recent protests, it can be challenging to promote a business without coming across poorly. Say the wrong thing, or even say the right thing with the wrong approach, and business may tank.
However, there are a few things companies can do to continue promoting both proactively and respectfully:
• Take the time to determine the business’s place in the current narrative.
• Communicate clearly and transparently with the public and/or clients.
• Acknowledge the crisis and its impact on customers.
• Provide authentic assistance such as raising funds, volunteer assistance or product or services donations.
– Abby Watkins, The Atlanta 100