As you start baking your holiday season treats, don’t forget about an Ohio favorite – the buckeye candy. It is a tradition at my home to make these rich, peanut butter balls dipped in chocolate. You can find the classic recipe here and a vegan recipe here. These are very easy to make as they don’t require baking.
If you’re adventurous, here are some non-traditional variations on the buckeye candy:
• Giant buckeye cookie, from Taste of Home.
• Buckeye pie, Betty Crocker.
• Buckeye ice cream cake (chocolate peanut butter ice cream cake), Homemade in the Kitchen.
• Crispy bourbon buckeyes, Cake ‘n Knife
– Meredith Rodriguez, Stevens Strategic Communications