Fencing is an indoor sport that is physically intensive and mentally engaging. It was originally performed as a military training exercise but gained popularity as a sport in the mid-18th century.
Fencing is an extremely accessible sport with different styles of play, age groups from young to old, and levels of competition. According to one avid sportswoman, fencing is a sport for everyone. There are a number of clubs around Ohio for you to take a look at:
• Cleveland: Two Ravens Fencing School
• Cincinnati: Cincinnati Fencing Club
• Columbus: Royal Arts Sport Fencing Academy
• Toledo: Toledo Blades Fencing Club
– Edward Stevens, Stevens Strategic Communications