In this day and age, one thing is clear: We’re surrounded by plastic. While recycling can help reduce the amount of plastic that ends up in landfills and waterways, there are many other options for making the switch to more sustainable items and reducing plastic use in your life.
• Bring your own shopping and produce bags to the grocery store.
• Say no to plastic straws, with a metal alternative.
• Avoid food packaging by bringing glass containers and shopping the bulk aisle.
• Take a refillable water bottle or coffee cup for when you’re out.
• Pack your lunch in reusable sandwich bags.
– Katie Cline, The Atlanta 100