We have been featuring various aspects of Gov. Mike DeWine’s budget for 2020-21. According to DeWine, it is structurally balanced and won’t increase our taxes.
The budget focuses on Ohio’s children, families, workforce, infrastructure, mental health, addiction recovery and natural resources. The budget:
• Adds $56 million to support mental health and addiction recovery.
• Invests $12 million for the Ohio START Program.
• Increases funding to local governments for substance-use disorder services.
• Establishes opportunity zones for economically distressed communities.
• Provides micro-degrees for Ohioans seeking new workforce skills.
• Creates the H2Ohio Fund to ensure safe water.
See the full budget.
– Edward Stevens, Stevens Strategic Communications