I was thinking about taking a ride to one of the great nature centers that we have in Ohio. Here are five around the state you might consider. Pick a nature center in your neck of the woods.
• Northeast – Brecksville Nature Center, Brecksville: 3,494 acres operated by Cleveland Metroparks.
• Northwest – Maumee Bay State Park, Oregon: Trautman Nature Center open year-round.
• Central – Battelle Darby Creek, Galloway: features interactive exhibits.
• Southeast – Hocking Woods Nature Center, Nelsonville: interpretive building, wildlife habitats and seasonal programs.
• Southwest – LaBoiteaux Woods, Cincinnati: nature displays and live animals.
Check out these nature centers for current programs.
– Edward Stevens, Stevens Strategic Communications