As my daughter gets ready to deploy to the Middle East, I was moved to jot down important lessons I learned from my military service.
1. Be resourceful. You cannot anticipate every scenario. Do your best with what you have.
2. Don’t waste. Pick up trash regardless of who it belongs to.
3. Delegate. Your team wins the big battles. Be sure to know their roles.
4. Plan, simulate, act. These are the hallmarks of good crisis management.
5. Stay fit. Train your mind or body for what lies ahead.
6. Work simplification. Remember – KISS: keep it simple stupid.