May is Mental Health Month, and NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, is launching its WhyCare? awareness campaign. The campaign stresses how the power of caring can make a life-changing impact on the 40 million people who face a mental health condition every day.
NAMI Ohio is encouraging everyone to learn the facts about mental health:
• One in 5 adults has a mental health condition.
• Ten million adults live with a mental illness.
• Half of mental health conditions begin by age 14, and 75% by age 24.
• Early intervention can help.
For more information, visit nami.org/WhyCare.
– Edward Stevens, Stevens Strategic Communications