Open your heart and wallet this season to local nonprofits. Here are just a few of the many worthy causes:
• Since 1907, Charity Newsies in Columbus has provided winter clothing for needy schoolchildren.
• Matching senior rescue dogs to senior people, The Sanctuary for Senior Dogs finds compassion for all living beings.
• On behalf of the 11 women murdered on Imperial Avenue in Cleveland, Goddesses Blessing Goddesses advocates to end violence against women and children, empowering the underserved and marginalized through support, education and advocacy.
• The Dragonfly Foundation supports Cincinnati’s families of pediatric cancer patients, helping ease their isolation and anxiety.
– Eve Lederman, The 100 Companies