So how has your organization responded to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)? On May 25, it will be around for one year as the most comprehensive data protection regulation ever passed.
Has your company accomplished the following?
• Identified personal data.
• Conducted a comprehensive data audit.
• Installed data protection policy and privacy notices.
• Kept a record of consent before collecting or using personal data.
• Maintained records of processing.
• Reported data breaches.
• Negotiated data processing agreements with third parties processing your data.
A number of U.S. states are updating their privacy-related laws to protect personal information of residents.