There is a limited resource in your office: each other.
Because we are limited, according to the Harvard Business Review’s “Guide to Getting the Right Work Done,” clear communication is key. Doing this when projects are delegated to you is especially important. Be sure to:
• Discuss what you understand the priorities of the project to be.
• Detail your next steps, noting specific deadlines for all parties working on the project.
• Set times for progress updates.
• Share all concerns or ideas.
• List others who need to know about the plan and how they will receive communications.
– Alison Bailin, The Arizona 100