No organization wants to face a crisis, but it can happen. While it is often difficult and even emotional, every organization should evaluate how prepared they are to meet the challenge when the media comes to your door.
Here is a quick checklist:
• Create a plan with statements ready to go.
• Appoint a spokesperson, usually your CEO.
• Provide media and crisis training to your team.
• Utilize training simulations, including worst-case scenarios and the impact of social media.
• Review your plan every 12 to 18 months.
The more prepared you are, the better. Stevens Strategic offers a free white paper.
– Edward Stevens, Stevens Strategic Communications